Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

03/19/2010

Sounds freak me out sometimes. When I first moved into this house just about every sounds scared the shit out of me. After a while, I learned where each came from and I was fine. Of course, there are new sounds every now and then that are a bit startling for a moment. Everything is fine if it goes away. Sometimes a noise won't go away and it's different than the soundtrack to my house and I can't figure out what it's generated by. Those times make me feel like I'm the intro to CSI, Castle or any mystery novel/show. Then my mind takes off and plays out what would've happened if that moment was a part of one of those stories.

Well, this evening I had that uncomfortable response created by noises. Only this time I knew what they were from, but they weren't calming. It was simply the combination.

I got home, set my things down and the wind was really bad outside; therefore, there were creepy wind noises which usually turn into a game of "where's that sound from" that is pretty fun, but not this time. The first was, of course, the tree/bushes hitting the house. Second, the screen door that doesn't always shut. Then the house creaks and pops. I headed outside to get the mail and heard a whining noise. I kept walking, but looked in several directions to see where it was coming from. On the way back from the mail box I heard a man yell in the distance. Next, I probably flew two feet off of the ground because a dog ran at lightening speed right past me(towards the man that yelled). Came back home and fixed the screen door. Digging for food in the kitchen, I heard children screaming, that one I didn't understand. That wasn't once, but several times throughout the hour. There's always boom, boom noises from kids with subs in their cars, but tonight it sounded like a giant hammer hitting the street several blocks away. It never got closer, just stayed where it was and at a constant beat. All of these put together isn't all that frightening, but it definitely had me thinking about Stephen King novels.

=>

"Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood."
~Marie Curie

No comments:

Post a Comment