Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for 2014 & How I'm Going to Keep Them

New year, new set of goals {or the same set over and over}. Here's the deal. I have things I want to accomplish like anyone else. However, I'm going to take my own advice and break them down and keep them interesting! HOW?
First, here's my set of goals for the year 2014:

  • Keep better records {financial, fitness, food, business}
  • Improve running
  • Increase push ups
  • More visible abs {Oh yea!}
  • Get my photog business off the ground
  • Read 20 Books!
I also have a phrase I want to follow this year:
Take Risks. Put yourself out there and don't look back. 
 If I make mistakes...GOOD. If I learn from them...even better! I need to stop being scared, stop stalling, and just DO SOMETHING. I have a habit of wanting to do things the right way or wanting it to be good enough before I show people. I have a habit of letting that stall me so much that I don't do whatever it is at all. 

Now, how am I going to keep these goals the whole year?!? 

Easy.

Each month I'm going to have a fresh set of smaller goals, things I can accomplish in one month. These goals will be new and exciting enough for me to keep going. They will also all help me towards my bigger picture... my goals for the whole year
Also, I will need to keep things even more interesting and new to help me with the day-to-day. In this cozy little chat video, I talk about keeping things interesting. How you can get excited over and over again so that your goals don't drift away due to boredom.

SO, what are my smaller goals for the month of January?
  • Research systems for better record keeping in all areas of life
  • Figure out what exactly I want to improve in my running {time/speed/endurance/pace}
  • find my starting number of push ups
  • try to practice push ups every week
  • Aim for two more push ups by the end of the month
  • Do the math! Find my numbers in business.
  • Start reading Divergent 
Some of this might make sense to you, some might not. I'm the only person who needs to understand them anyway. BUT each month need not pertain to every single goal for the year. They just need to help you in the direction of your goals overall. 
These January goals are small enough that I can measure them and work on them easily in a month. 

What are your resolutions goals for 2014? Are you going to keep things interesting? Break things down into monthly chunks? KEEP YOUR GOALS!?
Share your post, video, whatever. I'd love to see/read/hear what you're planning for this year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment