Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Our New Family Members

"Vex bit my finger, then looked guilty and backed off"
"Did it break your skin?"
"haha no, it was a little nibble really. Harmless."

So starts the new adventures with Vex and Azura, our new pet rats. Here's what I can tell you so far:

  • Vex is slightly older than Azura
  • Azura is jumpy and very adventurous and curious. 
  • They don't trust me yet
  • They're both females
  • I honestly don't think Vex knows where the food and water is.
  • Azura drinks all the time
  • They absolutely love cheerios

Trust training is going to be harder than I thought. Or at least will take longer than I thought. I'm estimating a week or two until they're comfortable enough to come into my hand. Currently, they will take cheerios from me, outside and inside the cage. I talk to them a lot, hoping they'll be more comfortable with my voice. They are in the highest populated place in our house and a welcomed site. 

Time to show off my geek/nerd/fan girl side of me. The names. I'm a crazy-obsessed fan of Elder Scrolls. The name Azura is from my favorite Daedric prince of Dusk and Dawn. Then Vex is from the Thieves guild of Skyrim. I prefer the character of Karliah, but Vex seemed more...ratty. Oh and since Azura is the Daedric prince of dusk and dawn, she is the light & dark one. Vex works in the shadows, so she's the brown/black one. 

I'm sure I'll have a video up soon including these little skeevers. Keep subscribed to my Youtube channel so you don't miss it!
Also, I'm more than open to any and all advice and comments regarding your first experiences with pet rats and how you trust trained them.


No comments:

Post a Comment