Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

First Yoga Class

YOGA! I've been practicing yoga for a couple years now and love it, but I rarely go through an intense routine. I have one on video from Tara Stiles, but I've only done it a few times. SO this yoga class pretty much kicked my butt. It was a power yoga class and within the first 20 minutes my quads wanted to scream (kind of like the Tara Stiles video). It's at this point that I wish I kept up with that video I had so this wouldn't have killed me so bad. I was shaking and having balancing issues, but the most annoying thing was my sweaty hands and feet. When we were at downward dog, I was having serious issues keeping in one place because I was sliding. I probably looked retarded.
In regards to the actual class, I thought the instructor was okay and I like how the lights are off. I thought there would be more people there because all the times I see them do yoga on other days at the same time there are lots of people. Today apparently has something different about it that makes people not come. There were seriously like 5 or 6 people in that room aside from the instructor.
The instructor also apparently "could tell" my friend was a dancer. We thought that was kind of silly.
Overall, I liked going to an actual class. I think I still prefer yoga at home, but it was nice to change things up a bit. I think I will continue going to classes here and there, but maybe I'll mix up the times/days/instructors until I find a yoga class that I really enjoy.
In regards to juicing, I had a giant green juice today! It was a great way to get me ready for my yoga class. It was full of a crap-load of apples (two different kinds) and a few leaves of kale. That's it. It was really yum. 

1 comment:

  1. Sweaty palms!!! ha ha ha funny as I try to Imagine that. Anyhow I really think classes like that really make you push your self to be better.

    ReplyDelete