Why I Do It:
- More conscious about what I eat because I have to record it
- Encourages me to eat healthier. I feel more proud of recording the good vs. the not-so-good stuff
- Helps me notice my eating habits: when I eat the least/most, when I crave junk, what I tend to do while eating (triggers).
- Good way to keep track of recipes (juices, smoothies, etc...)
Methods of Recording:
- Apps for your phone/kindle/ipad...
- Physical notebook (specially made for this purpose or plain notebook)
- digital notebook/notepads on phones and computers
- google drive
- take photos with notes/captions
- get creative and make it fun so it's not a bore to record
What I Record:
- What I Ate:
- recipe (oz for juices also)
- I DO NOT COUNT CALORIES
- more focused on eating clean and feel the rest falls into place
- What I'm doing while eating
- Experiences with things like mindful eating or juice fasting...
I encourage recording for 1-2 weeks straight if you can to better understand your eating. Though, don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or what have you. Also, don't lie about it. Your journal doesn't care either way and you're only cheating yourself -_-
About Food Journaling: WebMD & RealSimple
The NBA's Take on food journaling here
Mindful Eating: MindBodyGreen, Psychology Today, Zen Habits, Berkeley
Made that in photoshop with one of my fav poems about food journaling.
Now here's a video of me blabbing about this topic for almost 10 minutes.
Until Next Time