Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A little DIY....

It's been a long time since I've put something together like this, but I had a ton of fun doing it!
I wanted to upgrade my makeup brush holder from a red plastic cup to something a little more fun and cute.
The idea was inspired from a youtube video ....somewhere (sorry! I don't remember which one) and with their project in mind I went to the store and ended up letting my own taste change the end result to something more me, I'm SO excited about it!
First, I picked up a glass container, and something to put inside it to hold the brushes in place. I was thinking something like beads, marbles, or rocks. Instead, found these sea shell bits and fell in love. Then picked out some stickers, I had a couple ideas in mind so picked both. I had the ribbon at home to put around the middle of the container (part of the original project), but didn't like it much.
DSCN8889

Kicking the ribbon part to the curb, I started completely covering the glass with the stickers. The daisies were chosen because I felt they worked with the shell background more than the whimsical stickers did.
DSCN8890

Time for the fun part of pouring the cool shells into the container!!
DSCN8893

Pretty shell bits.
DSCN8895

Filled container.
DSCN8894

Daisies and shells.
DSCN8899

Time to finish it up by adding the makeup brushes!
DSCN8903

In summary:
Collage

This was super fun and beyond easy! It can be used for pens/pencils/fake flowers/ the list goes on. If you try this out, link it up! I'd LOVE to see your version!

Find it on Pinterest!!

Source: flickr.com via Glady on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment