Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hanging Hearts

I was bored and decided I wanted to do something crafty-ish..
SO, I decided to make these hearts and hang them as some type of Valentine's decoration. First, I found some heart "stencils" online and printed them. I was going to do some tracing and cutting to get them on the paper bag that I wanted to use, but figured it would be a lot easier to just print the hearts right on to the paper bag itself. I cut the bag like a paper and hit print. 1
Next, I got out the paints. Red and white so I could do many different shades of red and pink. Also, my crappy brushes (I never said I was a painter) haha
 2

I like the texture of crinkled paper
 3
Then I started painting, I started out simple with plain red. 
4
5
6

Here are the rest, I used all sorts of shades and even mixed up the different shades into a single heart. I also did the same on the back. 
7

Then I painted the bottom connecting hearts, but only the front.  
89
Time to cut!
10
11

For the connecting hearts I wanted to paint "love" on it
12
131415
Since the connected hearts were a bit different than the others, I wanted to put it in cardstock and have it be the "center piece" of the decoration. SO I picked a shade out of my collection that matched well and glued the hearts on and cut it out
1617181920
To get them to hang you could do anything..I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted them so I just used a needle to poke the hole and thread to hang them with.
2122
Then I started lining them up on the floor to get an idea of how I wanted them to look....
23
Of course the end result is always different than what I have in mind..I almost always prefer the end result better. 24
So that's that..I just hung them from a ledge..when the air is blowing some of them twirl..I think it's fun =>



1 comment:

  1. Well at least you got something cute out of all that shopping!!! Bahaha! I love this! :D

    ReplyDelete