Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rant Time

If you're not in the mood to hear me bitch then it would be a good time to tune out. 
This happens to be a time in the year when I hear a lot of complaining. Complaining is fine, I do it all the time, but it's on a teeter-totter/seesaw/balance thing that has complaining on one side and action on the other. 
When a person is complaining, I'm all ears because I understand you need to vent/rant/bitch, I get that (just take a look at this post), but complaining needs to be balanced with action. When a person is exerting effort to do their job, succeed in school, work out, etc... the complaining they do is more appreciated because they aren't just whining, but they have actions to back them up. The phrase "actions speak louder than words" really shines here. Think about it: the person who complains about their weight or their school work (me) without having a solid history of taking action on these complaints just sounds like a sad whiny song on repeat. BUT the person who bitches about their weight and is also going to the gym regularly and/or being active outdoors sounds more justified and you can feel more sympathetic towards their complaints. 
Now, I'm far from perfect. I complain all the time, but usually I have actions to go along with them. There are times I don't and I'm just whining to my mom on the phone; that's about the time when Mom tells me to get the fuck of the phone and go do something about it!! That's a true friend =>
Quit with the promises, waiting until......(not now) and plain ol' bitching and go get shit done.
I leave you with my favorite phrase from Nike: JUST DO IT

Rant Over!

1 comment: