Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Optimistic

My life is pretty darn good.
I feel great, always have....but now I feel even greater!!!! haha
Health and fitness have always been something I liked, I just never quite knew how to grasp it.
Now I do and I am swinging from branch to branch and loving every minute of it. 
I started yoga, honestly for the hell of it back in November of 2010 and it turned into a beautiful thing. 
This all started because I stumped across Tara Stiles (facebook, youtube, twitter) thanks to a Women's Health magazine....which I have no idea how or why it was subscribed to me. I guess things happen for a reason because if it wasn't for the random magazines coming to my door I would have never come across Tara Stiles and that would be...sad =<
I do yoga every day, even if it's just for 10-15 minutes. I feel so amazing afterwards. It is a happy feeling. A feeling of accomplishment. This feeling opens you up and lets light in and along with it happy moods and calm thoughts.  => You just have to try it to really understand.... haha
To be honest if you came up to me a year ago and told me how much I would love yoga, I would laugh at you..I was not someone who cared for yoga, I thought it was....weird. haha
Dad always taught me to at least try everything. I did not have to like it, but just try it to find out for sure if I did or not. As that was originally in the context of food, I learned to apply it to life as well.  
I tried yoga and found out that I not only like it, but love it and love to work towards the feeling it gives me.  
I like feeling good, it powers me to do the things I should be doing rather than just being lazy and putting them off. Which is great because I'm in college and procrastination is what students are best at =>

Now for something a bit different....I went to the dixie gym in the morning with Daniel and we did the treadmill for an hour each. I beat a few tiny personal records from the last time I was on for an hour. One I am really proud of was running for a full 15 minutes. I have been able to run for 5-8 minutes and then take a brisk walk break, but today I made it for a full 15 before my brisk walking period. I was so happy, Daniel shared a high-five from the treadmill next to me => Yay Me!!

Time to finish enjoying my IZZE while I read articles in bed for tomorrow's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment