Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19th 2011

Week one of school finished, the three-day weekend passed and now I'm half-way through week two.
Good news....I'm not dead or overly stressed. So far, so good. haha
I like the food prep class, but a little on edge of how the lecture/quiz/food demonstrations will go....I'll have to wait until Monday to find a little more info in the class.
Well I told you what we made on the first week:
Pizza and that gooey messy sugar-induced coma dish
This week, or well today we made:
those two things....I don't even know what you want to call them.
 HAHA but they were good.
The flour tortillas were pretty darn good actually. At first I had doubts but then a few roles were switched in our kitchen and they turned out great! Awesome save, Michelle!!
For those who know me well, know that I don't cook much or know how to. This class so far is dipping me in to things I wouldn't try doing at home, like hand-made pizza or tortillas....those are things I would buy. NOW I would like to say the hand-made pizza is good enough to try at home, but the flour tortillas are well....some things I prefer to buy. I WILL, however, make the salsa....that was pretty darn good!! I ate things I usually don't eat!! I don't care much for green bell peppers, onions or cilantro but I ate that salsa like crazy, maybe I was really really really hungry....but still. =>
Daniel is liking this as well....he wants me to make everything I made there, at home. haha
I knew he would like this class more than me....

Other than all that, I have a little quiz tomorrow on ch.1 and part of ch.2 in weather. Oh, and I don't have a book yet. Oh well....study study study from the notes and if I think I need more help I'll play his lectures back to find what I'm looking for. Wish me luck on that quiz haha

In abnormal psych we each have to eventually do a big presentation on a disorder. We all sent in our votes for the disorder we would like and then he picked one out for each of us. 
I have schizoid personality disorder. 
It's a fun one, but well kind of boring. Individuals with this disorder function better alone, generally don't express emotion, marry, care for sexual intimacy or relationships, and can't pick up on social cues. I find it kind of sad, it makes life difficult and can also be misdiagnosed. 
ANYWAY
in child/family metal health we basically do group sessions in class.....well that's how I perceive it. We arrange our desks in a big circle and discuss....everything.
For fitness class, I'm doing good so far. I go to the gym with Daniel sometimes and that is fun. Maybe we'll go tomorrow. =>
Also, I'm trying to prepare for Bay to Breakers and so is my mom....so we decided we'd go out and first just walk the distance and hills outside to get a good feel for it. Eventually we will jog/run these to get a better feel and prepare us well. We mapped out several different routes to take near my area. We'll do these on Sundays....

WELL time to study!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment