Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Plums & Apricots Oh My!

Still juicing here & lovin' it!! (my boyfriend does, too)
We bought ourselves some plums and apricots this week and tried them out in the juicer. I wanted to try them together, but actually I never did...hmm next time.
The tastes of these fruits are a bit subtle in juice, which can be really nice sometimes if that's what you're after.
SO here's what I tried:

Juice #1
16oz
1-2 kale leaves
1-2 carrots
3 apples
2-3 apricots
Juice #2
24oz
1 cucumber
2 plums
3 apples
2 kale leaves
2 carrots
Juice #3
12oz
3 plums
2 apples
2 carrots
2 kale leaves

Alright, juice number one was a bit too subtle of a taste, it honestly just tasted like apples & kale. Which is a juice I do often, but not worth adding all that extra stuff if I'm not going to taste a difference haha. Juice number two was pretty tasty to me! Plus, it made a ton! Good stuff because my boyfriend likes to steal all my juice when I'm cleaning the juicer or when I'm just not looking (hehe) Juice number three was more on the tart side and I really enjoyed it. We had more apricots and planned on putting them in the third juice, but we ended up eating them and a few went bad (sad face)....BUT we learned our lesson and read how we can make them last a tad longer by storing them in the fridge (guess I should've known, but I'm still learning).


Until next time!! Happy Juicing!!
~Glady Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment