Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hummingbirds

For a little while now I've been thinking about bird feeders....more specifically, hummingbird feeders.
I want one. 
I mentioned it to Daniel a few times. We haven't gotten around to getting one yet, but it will happen....just you wait. 
I took out the trash a few days ago and right before I opened the ugly lid there was a hummingbird. It flew in place and I could hear its "humming" more like a bzzz....it was staring right at me and was there for about 3-5 seconds. Though, it seemed a bit longer than that. 
It was awesome and so peaceful. 
Now, I want a hummingbird feeder even more.

"Have you ever observed a humming-bird moving about in an aerial dance among the flowers - a living prismatic gem.... it is a creature of such fairy-like loveliness as to mock all description."  ~W.H. Hudson,Green Mansions

No comments:

Post a Comment