Follow me

subscribe twitter pinterest instagram instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's About to Begin

Today was my last day as someone who could eat solid food. As of tomorrow morning it's only juice for 10 days...how do I feel about that? Worried, doubtful, and weak. Several days ago, I felt empowered and felt like I could really do this. Now, I feel like I'm weak and won't be able to make it through one day without actually chewing food. All I know is
"If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right"
Therefore, I really need to believe in myself. So for the rest of the night I've been psyching myself up for this juicing adventure and hopefully it works. While I was doing all the power-talking, I made myself some type of Salad-in-a-Glass:
1/2 cucumber
1 stalk of celery
1 carrot
1 kale leaf
1 tomato
bunch of grapes
Honestly, I did it because we really needed to use that tomato up....but I was surprisingly happy with the result. It actually tasted good. I was worried about that celery taste I started Monday off with and the tomato is definitely overpowering so the celery was barely noticed. Although the drink itself ended up looking like poop (brown) it tasted pretty good. 
Now I know I'm doing this backwards, but I tried a juice this morning and realized that I should never put two limes in a drink again. Aside from that lesson, the drink was yummy if you like zingy-tasting drinks. Here's a more refined version (not exactly the version I drank):
2 cucumber
2 carrots
1/2 - 1" piece of ginger
1 lime

I think this drink would benefit well if you added a leaf of kale. 
As for the next time you read from me, I should be proudly on my first day of the 10-day juice fast. I thought I'd try to do some vlogging along with it every few days, we'll see how that goes. Of course if I do, I will post the videos inside the blog post they correspond to. 
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I totally Know how you are feeling. I was doing so awful yesterday and I was only in the pre-juice fast stage, My head hurt and I was so hungry. Then I got home from the market with more fruits and veggies and made me a headache remedy. get this Passion fruit and mango contain caffeine, so in this blend of juice Only these with Lime add ice and Bam headache GONE feeling better and More excited about the Fast

    ReplyDelete